Monday, October 1, 2012

Change

There have been many changes over the past two weeks in the Elliott Family.  Sunday, September 23 we began packing our three bedroom house to prepare for a dual move on Saturday, September 29th.  Yep, you did the math; we packed up that house in one week. Not only that, but I only took eight hours of vacation time from work in order to get it all done. I couldn’t have done it without Josh, Jackie and Audrey.  Jackie came over Tuesday and Friday afternoons to watch Andrew so Josh and I could pack; Audrey came over Wednesday night to assist me with packing the kitchen. She is a fast packer… I think it only took us two hours to do the whole thing!  Another challenge to moving in one week was coordinating what would go where… Josh was going to be moving to an apartment in Kemp, near his work.  Andrew and I were moving to Mimi & Poppi’s house.  We had all the baby and mommy stuff going one place, and sorting through the other stuff to determine what would be unpacked at the apartment or stored for a few months before we had to move again.  I am exhausted just thinking about it again. 

As the moving week progressed, the number of boxes in the garage increased. Throught the week  e were on weather watch to see what Mother Nature would deliver on moving day.  Initially it was a 30% chance of rain, then moved to 40%, 60%, and by Friday it said 100% chance of rain on Saturday. Fantastic.  Not just any ole rain either… it was POURING all day long.  And not just in The Woodlands either, it was raining all across Texas, so the 3 ½ hour drive was just as wet as moving itself.  Mom and Dad drove down so we could use the Expedition to haul Andrew’s crib to Dallas.  They drove Andrew back in my car on Saturday while Josh and I proceeded to Kemp to unpack the moving truck and get his apartment organized. 
It was a long and busy week... I was happy to have finished.
Sunday, I drove to The Colony (about 1 ½ hours from Kemp).  I got settled in, Dad helped me put together Andrew’s crib, and prepared for Monday.  McKesson let me relocate to an office in Carrollton, TX; it is 12.5 miles from The Colony. Since Josh and I are both working it was time to enroll Andrew in daycare.  We had scoped out daycares the week before we moved and decided on La Petitie Academy in The Colony.  Andrew’s first day was Monday.  Mom had to take dad to the airport so I dropped him off on his first day. I was already crying just driving to the place…. I was mess. I am walking him back to his classroom and still crying. I knew he was going to be fine, but it is still hard letting him go into a stranger’s care for 8-10 hours per day.  I joked with mom before I took him and said… he’ll be sick by Friday.  I was very concerned because he had not been exposed to many people since he was normally at home with just me and Josh.
Monday came and went.  Andrew did well in daycare; they said he was a people watcher all day.  I enjoyed my first day of work; with the exception of the traffic (it took me 45 minutes to go 12.5 miles). NO BUENO!

No comments:

Post a Comment