Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Well, didn't make it to Friday

Tuesday was on track to be a good day, until I get a call from mom while I was at work. She went to pick up Andrew and he had already vomited twice at daycare. And when mom got home, he got sick again. (When she called to tell me this I couldn’t believe he had been in daycare a day and a half before he got sick!) He kept vomiting that afternoon, about every 30 minutes, so she asked me to pick up some pedialite.  He puked again when I got home (green mucous bile). My heart broke seeing him get sick, poor helpless little guy did not look good, he kept moaning with discomfort. Of course I started to cry. We tried giving him some pedialite. Initially he refused the bottle (this has never happened before), and after a minute he took a sip, began to moan and then threw it up.  We were concerned about dehydration so I called the pediatrician and after a few questions she advised to take him to the nearest childrens ER.  He needed to get some fluids in him because he had not had a wet diaper in 3-4 hours.

We arrived at the ER about 6:50pm, where Andrew vomited again. It took 30-45 minutes to get a room.  Nurse ordered a KUB and some medicine to stop the nausea.  Once we gave him the medicine he was slowly perking up although still extremely tired and weak. But it was nice to get an occasional smile out of him. Once the medicine was in for atleast 20 minutes, we began to feed him some pedialite. He had 2 oz. no problem, little break and then fed him 2 more. He kept that down so they discharged us with a RX for more of the anti-nausea medicine.  We were out of there about 10:00pm. Headed home, gave him a little more pedialite and mom put him to bed while I ran out to get the RX filled.  All evening I was sending/calling Josh with updates; it was killing him not being able to be with us.  Andrew slept through the night and woke up happy the next morning… although still not 100%. 
Thankfully Mimi was able to stay home with Andrew on Wednesday so I could go to work.  He slept a lot with some play time… until mid afternoon when he got sick again.  Mom gave him a half dose of medicine and that seemed to calm his stomach down enough to get some formula and banana snacks in his tummy.  He had a bath and off to bed by 7:30pm.  He slept through the night again.
It has been an eventful couple weeks. I am hopeful things will begin to slow down for the Elliott Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment