Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bubbles in my Belly

Today I experienced something unusual. I am pretty sure I have felt my first little flutters from Baby Elliott. Ladies I have been sharing the experience with has described the first flutters to be like a butterfly in your belly... well, I describe it as tiny bubbles. And no it was not GAS... I know what that feels like! Ha!

Today marks week 15 on Baby Elliott's journey to birth... which is also the second week of the second trimester. Baby Center describes week 15 of pregnancy:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.

Next Doctor Appt. is Thursday, June 30th. I don't think I am having an ultrasound this time so it looks like we will have to wait until July to find out the sex. Does anyone have any guesses yet? Josh says the baby is a boy until proven otherwise. I have a feeling that it will be a girl... but I don't know if that is wishful thinking or a mother's intuition? Send us your thoughts. TTFN, Ta Ta for Now!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on feeling the baby move! It was my FAVORITE part of being pregnant!!

    I don't really care if it is a boy or a girl..I can spoil it either way!

    But if it's a girl~ I'll love buying all the pretty little things. If it's a boy I'll have to get more into cars, trucks and other boy toys.

    ReplyDelete