Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sometimes it's okay to talk to strangers...

I am an introvert and don't really care for sparking up conversation with a stranger, especially when someone is soliciting something.  In retrospect, this is probably why I don't have a plethora of friends!

I mention this because I was approached by a random lady at the grocery store Monday night. She is a hairstylist for Toni & Guy. She asked me if I have ever highlighted my hair.  I said yes, but it was five months ago. She handed me a postcard and went into her spiel.  Normally, I would have checked out of the conversation and at first opportunity said "no thank you" and quickly walk away.  However, she was nice and personable (not creepy sales pitch nice either) AND she didn't have crazy hair like some hair dressers! 

She needed a model to do highlights on for her class Tuesday night. It was only $20 and perfect timing for the holidays. 

AFTER
BEFORE


























I really like the way it turned out, nothing drastic and it looks natural. I did hi/lo  lights, you can't really see the darker color because I had her do two-thirds light and the rest dark.

Not only was this a great deal ($20 for highlights is a steal around here), but I think I made a friend!  She lives really close to us and has a little girl who is five months older than Andrew. It turns out they even go to the same daycare!!! I am sure we have a play date in the near future!

I am so glad I didn't walk away from the random lady at Kroger.

1 comment:

  1. Friends sometimes show up in the most unexpected ways. Hope things go well and you and Andrew both will have a new friend!

    ReplyDelete