Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Potty Training

Now that Summer has slowed down and we do not plan on having any more special guests, we decided to start potty training Andrew. We put on his new seat over the toilet and tested it out a few times on Sunday and Monday. Generally he would there a minute then stick his arms out after a minute like "All Done Mommy".
I knew this process might speed up if I could get him to recognize what peeing actually was. I figured I had better odds of that if we tried first thing in the morning. Today, as soon as I walked in his room, I said, "Good Morning, Do you want to go sit on the potty? He ran to the bathroom. Within seconds he tinkled in the potty... SUCCESS! He was very shocked; I could see the look on his face, it was like "What is happening"? We clapped and cheered.

I have heard it is harder to potty train boys and it usually takes longer, but I am trying to be optomistic. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment