Monday, February 22, 2010

Long time, no blog!


Well, I warned you at the very beginning of this thing I would not be a constant blogger! I don't want to make excuses... but I have been EXTREMELY busy at work! The HR Manager (who began not too long ago in July) resigned over the Christmas break, and her last day was in the middle of January. Since then I have been the only HR contact for the Distribution Center... resulting in long hours and more stress! YAY! I have attended two all day job fairs in the past few weeks, and I spent a whole week on the nightshift trying to get our annual employee opinion surveys completed. The survey is approximately 20 minutes long and it must be completed with only two accessible computers... that was a fun week!

Re-cap over the past few weeks:
  1. January 23-24, 2010: Mom and Dad Kuklenz visit. Mom and Dad came down to spend the night before they departed the port of Galveston for their week long cruise. Jackie and Karl also came down Saturday afternoon with Mom and Dad, we enjoyed some family time and a delicious meal. The next morning Josh and I made breakfast and then they were on their way. It was a quick visit, but they were our first over-night guests. Very Exciting!

  2. January 28, 2010: We finally received our Wedding album and CD with our pictures on it. It is beautiful! If you would like a copy of the CD to print off some pictures, send me an e-mail and we can make that happen!

  3. February 10, 2010: Jackie's visit. Jackie came down and spent the night at our place on Wednesday evening before she had to get up early on Thursday and drive to San Antonio for a music conference. We didn't get to see her much, but it was fun and she was very productive with her Crocheting... oh excuse me knitting!

  4. February 14, 2010: Our first Valentines Day as Husband and Wife. Josh made us breakfast and we exchanged gifts and cards. Note: there were no flowers. (Which is okay because I have always told Josh it is a waste of money because they will just die anyways)

  5. February 14, 2010: Nascar - Daytona 500... the never-ending race is what I like to call it and let's just leave it at that!

  6. February 15, 2010: The day after Valentines Day, funny story! I came home from work and there were a dozen pink roses (my favorite color) on the dining room table... awwww, how sweet! (Even if you think flowers are a waste of money, it is still a nice treat every now and again) A few minutes later, we are sitting down for dinner and I got closer look at the flowers (they are a little brown around the edges I thought to myself). So, with the open and honest communication Josh and I have together I decided to open my big fat mouth, I said, "Oh, these are a little brown... I hope you didn't pay much for these." Josh says, "Why, how much would you have paid?" and I quickly replied very sarcastically, "No more than $5.00". Well, we continued to eat our supper. And then I curiously prompted him again... "So how much did you pay for them?" He hesitated, smirked, and then he said, "$4.00", we both chuckled. Oh brother... this is only the first year of marriage!

  7. February 19, 2010: Marriage License. We have yet to receive our official Marriage License. I have called the County Clerk three times and visited them twice to check on the status of the License. Apparently it is either lost in the mail or someone else has received it and does not want to return it. So I went to their office Friday after work (Got there at 5:00 on the dot and almost turned me away... that would have been a whole other story) to purchase a certified copy, $6.00. I quickly ran to the bank and got my name changed there. Now Josh and i can finally deposit checks from the wedding that were made out to Mr and Mrs. Joshua Elliott.

I am sure we have done more than that in the past month, but that is all I can think of and that is all my little fingers can type for now! Hopefully there will be some more exciting updates coming in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment